Eggs are very versatile. You can poach them, scramble them, and basically do anything with them! My favourite way to eat eggs at home is to make an omelette because they’re so easy to make and they go well with everything. I used shiitake mushrooms for this omelette because I like the nuttiness it gives. The saltiness and tanginess from the bacon and sun dried tomatoes gives it a little edge, while the avocado gives it the creaminess it needs for the perfect brunch.
To recreate this dish, you would need:
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 tsp mirin
1/2 tsp worcestershire sauce
1 rash of bacon
3 fresh shiitake mushrooms, sliced
2 sun dried tomatoes, diced
1/2 an avocado, sliced
- Add mirin and worcestershire sauce to the beaten eggs. Mix well and set aside.
- Dice the bacon and fry it in a pan until crispy. Once done, place it on a kitchen towel to drain excess oil.
- In the same pan, fry the shiitake mushrooms for 3 minutes or until browned. Set aside.
- Cook the omelette in a pan for 3 minutes.
- To serve, place sliced avocado, bacon, shiitake mushrooms and sundried tomatoes at the centre of the omelette. Season with chilli flakes, black pepper and tabasco sauce.
Enjoy this omelette at any time of the day with a fresh glass of orange juice or a freshly brewed cup of coffee 🙂 I’d love to hear from all of you so please a comment!